Wednesday, October 16, 2013

BFFs

This evening the girls and I spent our evening at Prompt Care and the verdict: Emerson has a bilateral ear infection and Amelia has an ear infection in her left ear. I'm so glad I always encourage my girls to share! So our one more thing mommy moment was when Amelia sat up in bed and asked, "When can I take the cotton out of my ear?" I smiled and told her it would feel much better if she left it in so she laid down and went right to sleep. Poor baby! She's had a rough couple of days. If any of you read my previous blog, you would maybe remember that Amelia also has many allergies. In her list of allergies so far (because some days it seems to change by the hour!) she is very allergic to: dairy, eggs, pickles, grass, nettle plants, dog saliva, bees, amoxicilin, penicillin, keflex (another antibiotic), and maybe tomatoes. That one goes back and forth. We have EpiPens stashed everywhere! So, yesterday when she went to the dentist, my wonderful babysitter informed her that she's allergic to many antibiotics and they gave her one that is not in the classes she's allergic to. But, the antibiotic that she is on is pretty harsh on the digestive system so they told me to make sure she eats yogurt with probiotics. Amelia can't eat yogurt, but the nice doctor at Prompt Care told me there was a non-dairy probiotic that Amelia could take. After reading all of the probiotic boxes on the shelf at Walgreens I found ONE that said lactose-free. Prompt Care doctor put Amelia on Erythromycin for her ear infection. And Emerson came home with Amoxicilin. They both get ear drops so hopefully life is good soon! Poor kids... Luckily, Amelia and I had a conversation earlier today that warrants making it on the blog tonight. I was cleaning out her folder from the week (my kids don't have school for the rest of this week) and I found a folded up picture. I unfolded it and it was a drawing from Amelia's best friend at school. It was a picture she drew of the two of them together and written across the bottom was written, "I like you Amelia." Cutest thing EVER! Amelia and this other darling little one have been friends for a while, but they have gotten super close over this last school year. And it has been SO cute! And it definitely warmed my heart! I smiled at the picture and asked Amelia about it. She said, "Yeah, *Friend's name here* really likes me, and I really like her. She's my bestie!" I could not have been happier! In the past few years I have definitely learned the value of having a bestie and I am blessed with a couple of the best! So, I am glad that Amelia is learning so young the importance of friends. Today at work was kind of stressful. Well, to be honest, everyday at work is kinda stressful lately. And in my stressed out stage, I knew exactly who I needed and I made sure that even though everything was going nuts and my phone was ringing off the hook and I have 5000 IEPs and Evals and a department meeting to plan and unhappy people and things falling apart, I knew I needed to see my bestie. I needed to take time for me, for us, and go and vent just a little and maybe even listen a little! To take a few minutes and laugh and talk and let go of my frustration. To check in and see how life is going on the other side of the building. So, it makes me very happy to know Amelia has already found her bestie. The one that she shares secrets with, and makes secret handshakes with. The one that she laughs and cries with. The one that she is so comfortable with that she quite often tells me, "I just love her so so much!" And I am so happy that I have that too! I have people that I know love and support me. That listen to me cry and vent and rant and sob and bear my heart and soul to. People that hold me and tell me everything will be ok. People to share secrets with and laugh with and cry with. And the ones that I am so comfortable with that I quite often think, "I just love them so so much!" So, thank you to the friends that I have in my life, and thank you to my besties, who always go the extra mile for me. You know who you all are...and I'm eternally grateful! Make sure you have a bestie...those one or two people you are super close with! Because you need them! There comes a time in everyone's life where you need those people to lean on. You need those people to bolster you up when times are tough. To remind you of your purpose in life! And chances are, the people that you pick to be your besties, the people you choose to be your person, maybe, just maybe might need you to be their bestie, their person too...

No comments:

Post a Comment